Sunday, March 29, 2009

And then...

It was Saturday morning.

  • Dirty Larry woke up and walked to the window to look outside, and then...
  • He said, "HEY...this carpet is wet!", and then...
  • I woke up with a very bad feeling, and then...
  • He went to check the back door and discovered that water had come under the door during the night and flooded the laundry room, and about 2 feet from the wall in all the rooms along the back of the house, and then...
  • He got a shower and left for work, and then...
  • (No seriously...he left me) And then...
  • (Do you get that I was alone now?) And then...
  • I cried a bunch and had a mini nervous breakdown, and then...
  • I worked on cleaning up the laundry room and accidentally messed up the vent hose in the back of the dryer, and then...
  • I dried some stuff in the messed up dryer because I didn't know I had messed it up. When I discovered the mistake I'd make, the whole laundry room was sweating, and it was freakin' hot in there (like a sauna), and then...
  • I was trying to fix it and the phone rang. It was Coco. I think she wanted to tell me some bad stuff about her life, but I told her I didn't want to hear it right then but I still loved her, and then...
  • I moved furniture and ripped up carpet and carpet padding, and then...
  • I cut the wet pad out and wrung it out with my hands and threw it all in the dryer, and then...
  • I worried about how dumb that might possibly be, and then...
  • LUCKILY, it worked, and then...
  • My mama came over and I can't even SAY some of the stuff I'd like to say right here, and then...
  • I made myself a sandwich and she ate it, and then...
  • I made another one and Dirty Larry came home for lunch and ate it, and then...
  • I was ok because I made a third sandwich and got to eat that one, PLUS, Dirty Larry brought home an industrial type carpet dryer which helped, and then...
  • I put the padding puzzle back together and taped it all in place, and then...
  • I let the fans and the carpet dryers do their thing, and then...
  • We all just listened to fans for the rest of the night and some of the next day.

I think everything is okay now. We'll know in a few days I guess since the AIR CONDITIONER IS BROKEN and if mold and mildew is gonna happen, it shouldn't take long to start smelling under these conditions.

What can I say? When it rains, it pours (right underneath your back door, wetting your Raggedy Ann doll you made in the 6th grade).

9 comments:

Junebug said...

Reading it here, in your very own words, literally makes me cry.

Paul Mitchell said...

Is the pad rebond pad that looks like a bunch of cut up other pad and then...glued together? If so, take the carpet back up and then...throw the pad out or you will have mildew. And then...you can get it at Home Depot. The pad is fairly cheap.

And then...always remember, the depth of your sadness tells you the capacity for your joy. In scientific terms, for every action there is an equal but opposite reaction.

Beej said...

I am capable of so much joy that my head might literally explode.

Bring it on!

Squidsquirts said...

If it's any consolation: This is amateur hour in terms of household calamity.
I wish I could have a day as peaceful and fun as this.
Eeeeer, no- I feel for you- trust me- your experience is being repeated all over the globe. You are not alone.

brandy101 said...

oh no :(

Well at least you only had fans blowing instead of the tornadoes they got in MS.

Take care!

Abby said...

... and then, I thought, "Oh, poor beej". Let us know if it starts to stink.

Evie said...

Raggedy Ann may be damp, but she's still smiling tho ;) *hugs*

Duble said...

this story EXEMPLIFIES a major difference between men and women.

You - carpet is wet lets rip it up and dry it and make a puzzle and stuff.

Him, the carpet is wet lets get a power tool to fix it with no effort.

Deirdre said...

:( Gah!