Saturday, July 11, 2009

What's cooler than bein' cool? ICE COLD

I've been without a refrigerator since Monday morning. I can't begin to count the bags of ice we have purchased since that time. I have now decided that it's TOO MUCH trouble trying to save the contents of the fridge in ice chests and I intend to take it all to my mama. My kids seem to be living over there with their cousins anyway, so their food may as well live there too. The thing I miss most is my tea pitcher. I'm so used to drinking cold tea all day long. I guess I could make a pitcher and stick it down in the ice chest with the cheese and the mayo, but when I pull it out, it'll be all drippy and gross and there'll be a mess to clean up every time I get thirsty. I'd rather whine about not having any tea.


I've been without it before. During hurricane season, we inevitably have to live without a fridge for a bit, but it's very sunny outside right now and it seems so wrong. It's like everything's been put on hold in what I feel is such an unnecessary way. And dealing with Samsung (I KNOW...who knew Samsung made refrigerators?? That was the FIRST mistake I guess) and the repairman has been nigh unto murder provoking. I'm trying VERY hard to talk nice to people, but my patience is wearing thin.

I had a friend tell me to put the fridge under my pillow tonight and the refrigerator fairy would bring me a new one in the morning. I'm very excited about the possibilities of that, but I think it would just be easier to take my pillow to the kitchen and camp out on top of the fridge instead of trying to get the fridge into the bed. I wonder if that would work just as well. Something tells me that it will.

2 comments:

brandy101 said...

dang, I hated dealing with the same situation a few years ago.

The only upside was that we did end up with a better fridge, after the suffering with icechests and such for what seemed like an eternity.

Abby said...

Oh, Beej! We lost our last fridge in the dead of summer a couple of years ago (may it rest in peace), so I've been down that road. Two weeks of fridgelessness. I should've tried the pillow thing.

Our upside was the fermented juice. Makes for a good cheap hooch.