Friday, January 1, 2010

Stuff my kids say #2

As background information for you, Pensacola, Florida is quite close to us and one of our news channels is based out of that area. To celebrate the new year in New York, they watch the ball drop. In Mobile, we watch the moon pie drop. In Pensacola, it's a pelican.

Litkia: We're going to stay up and watch the pelican drop.
Beej: Fine by me. Let me know how that works out.
Moments after midnight:
Beej: Well? Did you see it drop?
Litkia: (in a very disappointed voice) Yes. And it didn't even break!
Beej: Did you think it was going to?
Pateriko: We both did.

Where have I gone wrong?

4 comments:

Herb said...

I was very confused by this entry until I found http://pensacolapelicandrop.com/ and discovered that you probably can learn anything on line.

Duble said...

I am glad you updated, I was starting to think your kids didn't say much, given the time between #1 and #2.

doesn't peta get mad at dropping Pelicans? That seems rude, and they can fly, how do you drop a pelican if it can just fly?

Herb said...

I bet pelican droppings can be really annoying to clean up and will ruin your deck.

Abby said...

But... what about the Moon Pie??