Monday, November 24, 2008

What Beej is thinking on Monday morning

Oh man. I just saw a deer cross the road and run into the woods less than a block from my house. I always knew they were there but I've never really seen one so close and at a time that wasn't dawn or dusk. Very nice.

In other news, we're packing up over here in Beej's world. After school tomorrow I'm taking my maternal figure and my two child-types to Tennessee to spend the remainder of this Thanksgiving week with my sister and her family. We are all very excited except for the fact that Dirty Larry is being left behind to fend for himself. Retail employment has been a constant thorn in my side for approximately 18 years. Dirty Larry tends to be left out when it comes to holidays. My friend told me she would bring him a plate on Thanksgiving Day. I am appreciative. I also appreciate the fact that he has a job, even if it sometimes gets in the way of my fun.

I will also say that I am not in any way jealous of my OTHER sister, CB, who is spending Thanksgiving on the island of Mallorca. Who cares about Spain? Not I said the cat. What...ever.

One more thing. I got on the elliptical trainer at the gym this morning for the first time, expecting to last about 2 minutes, but made it 15. I must admit that my legs kinda felt like Jell-O when I was done but I was kinda proud and very surprised. Yay for me!



Time for coffee!

4 comments:

Duble said...

Spain sucks, not that i've ever been, but here is jerry's rule to country sucking indexing, do they speak english? If the answer is no, they suck.

Also, retail sucks. I swear the one of main reason I got an accounting degree was the brief stints i had in retail. On of my high school buddies work in walmart in college, got an mba, became a store manager and got transfered-promoted to a gig in bentonville. I want no part of a job, that if your successful at leads you to Arkansas, nothing against arkansas, but it doesn't measure up to say, Denver (for me)

Driving to Tennesse sucks. Or anywhere really.

What doesn't suck is your elepctical minutes. That is sweet.

Oh yea my spelling sucks.

Beej said...

You know Jerr, I agree with you on all that, including the spelling.

I really think I could have kept going but there was this part of me that didn't want to die...

brandy101 said...

The elliptical is better in the long run for your knees and ankles than the treadmill (or so say the *experts*)

Good for you for working out so much.You rock - so enjoy some pie and such this weekend!

I will be back to my workout videos and such once my sinus infection/cold/whatver is gone and I can actually BREATHE normally.

Have a SAFE and happy trip!

Abby said...

So what if your other sister is in Spain. Can SHE do 15 minutes on an elliptical?! I think not!