Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Presenting....

For your Tuesday entertainment and amusement...Beej and her brilliant boy, Pateriko! Luckily, the video ran out JUST as Beej hit a sour note.



It makes me very happy to play stuff with my kids, especially when they're interested in learning. I think in Pateriko's case, he just likes to take what he learns back to school and play it on the bells during band to impress the masses. He's a percussionist, but is the self-proclaimed "bell master". I personally don't think he can read music. He has the whole lot of them fooled. However, I just recently learned how to transpose from one key to another thanks to something he enlightened me about (not that I'm in any way good at it, but at least now I GET it). I took piano from 2nd grade through half of my college years and it took a few minutes and a 14 year old to explain it to me. And, brilliant though I may be, he has to put my movies in the DVD player because I just have no idea which remote control to use and what buttons to push. That is something that I just choose not to learn.

3 comments:

brandy101 said...

Isn*t piano technically a percussion instrument? If so, it would make sense that your son has an interest/feel for it.

I have next to zero musical talent. Neither does my husband. My daughter has a keyboard and guitar but only messes about with them now and again. If she was really interested I would certainly pay for lessons for her. I just dont see her ever practising, so it would be a waste of time and $$, I think.

Abby said...

Lovely.

In our school's band program, to be in percussion, the students have to have had something like 2 years of piano already.

My neice is a musician. I taught her to play 2-way "Heart and Soul" when she was about 5. That had nothing to do with her present success.

GeekieChick said...

Very nice!! You just have a houseful of talented people, don't you!!

:D