Thursday, March 19, 2009

Things I heard my children say tonight

Litkia and I attended the honor band concert that Pateriko was performing in tonight. Here are some random things I heard before, during and after said concert.

I don't know. (answer given when Pateriko was asked if money was required for us to get into the concert)

Mama, that guy looks like a big old leprechaun. (he really did and I nearly swallowed my gum)

Look at that girl over there with the string bass. (before he went to sit down with the band, he had to point out this girl that he'd been telling me about for two days)

kinda.hungry (texted to me by Pateriko DURING the concert)

Mama, that man is looking at you. Are you gonna say hey? (also DURING the concert....turns out it was my cousin)

a.saxophone.is.smelling.his.money (also texted during the concert....he explained later the a sax player was actually SMELLING a twenty dollar bill....no idea why)

I'm really cold and I need to go to the bathroom. ( I told her to hang tight because it was almost over)

*shrugging shoulders* (visual answer to my question when I texted him and asked him what that instrument was right behind the bass drum in the other band)

Everybody is standing up and clapping now because they're just so glad it's over. (I shushed her but I kinda agreed)

Did you see the string bass player? Wasn't she pretty? Her name is Megan. She goes to Causey Middle School. She was really pretty. Every time she came into the room I told my friend, Shane, "hey...look...she's still pretty". She is really pretty.

The tiger's name is Koala Bear and the koala bear's name is Tiger. Tiger ate Koala Bear.....think about it. (She then proceeded to try to explain it to me while laughing. I told her to go away)

Mama, did you see that string bass player? (right before he closed his eyes)

*sigh*

4 comments:

brandy101 said...

aw, someone likes the bass player! cute!

Abby said...

Texting during the concert? That's a new one.

So... did you see the string bass player?

terri said...

Someone's got a crush!

Funny the non-concert related things each of you noticed during the concert.

Duble said...

Bass players are hot.

When I was near his age, girls where hot. Bass, flute, drums, whatever.

And what is he playing that he can text mid concert, the triangle?