Saturday, March 14, 2009

Pateriko's Poetry Take 2 *snap*

My brilliant 14 year old came home with more poetry the other day. I thought I would share.

Lunch

Choices affect you
Day by day
Even the small ones
Can leave you in dismay
Chips and grilled cheese
Or a PB & J
I can never tell
Where my heart lies
Sometimes it’s so much
It makes me want to cry
Ice cream sundaes
Or key lime pie
Sometimes you think
Oh this will suffice
But I say to you now
Always think twice
Hawaiian punch
Or sweet tea with ice
I chose the pie
My heart lied
I look back at the tasty array
In dismay…


And one more...This one you must read with feeling and longing (according to the author).

Ode To My Right Arm

Oh right arm
Oh my right arm
I love you
Never broken
Not once
No, never given me
any real pain
You give me strength when I need it
but very skilled and adept fingers
to weave
type
plant
click
paint
grab
write
We have lived 14 years together
I have always loved you
You have always loved me
That is the way it will be

Pateriko

Read more of Pateriko's poetry -->HERE<--

2 comments:

terri said...

That boy's got a brilliantly creative mind! I especially love the lunch poem. Bravo!

brandy101 said...

LOL, a Chicago kid likely would not include sweet tea in a poem! ;)