Tuesday, March 10, 2009

They'll fight over it when you're dead

I was at the magic website today and ran across an ad for a place where they sell leather stuff. Now, I tend to ignore most of those ads. They all pretty much say the same thing over and over ad nauseam. It's either acacia berries or losing belly fat or getting a free High School Musical cell phone ring tone...you know stuff like that. But today, there was this NEW ad that I hadn't seen before. It caught my attention just as I was clicking the little x to close the window. I actually hit the back button on the browser hoping to see it again. Alas, it was gone, but I did a little facebook ad research and found it. The thing that caught my eye was the very catchy phrase "they'll fight over it when you're dead". BRILLIANT!

Kudos to the person who came up with this ad campaign. They deserve a raise. And just so you know, I visited the website and I agree that I would absolutely fight somebody (with my teeth) for one of those lovely leather bags, right directly over the dead body of the person who once owned it.

So, the moral of the story is...make sure you have a will? (and if you have one of those bags you should will it to me)

5 comments:

brandy101 said...

Ooh, I will have to check that out; I love a good leather bag and most of them these days (even *designer* ones!) are pleather that is made in China. Yechhh.

Duble said...

I liked those bags.

Abby said...

oooooohhh..... leeeeeaaaaatherrrrrr.

A vacuum cleaner salesman tried that "fight over it when your dead" line. Didn't work. But then, it was a vacuum cleaner.

Deirdre said...

I'm not into bags. Does this mean I'm not really a chick?

Squidsquirts said...

I wouldn't care about a leather bag too much, but I could use it to distract people who want one, so I can go for the personal library, or the jewellery...