Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It would be like picking a fight with a porcupine...

...people would watch, but you'd end up looking and feeling like a pincushion.

There are moments in this life when a person might accomplish something that they can feel extremely prideful about; something that is worth boasting about. I think I spend a lot of time on the brilliant blog and facebook bragging about myself and trying to make myself look a little more awesome than I probably am. I do tend to ask people to drink my Kool-Aid and become a Beejite like all the cool kids. I sort of crave the scraps of attention that putting myself on display seems to bring. But this woman rubbing 24 chilies in her eyes is just dumb. The Beej will never even be tempted in the least to bring attention to herself in such a manner. Why would a person do such an insane thing? All I can come up with is that she, as a matter of fact, is actually insane. If it looks like an insane person, acts like an insane person, walks like an insane person and talks like an insane person, it probably IS an insane person. Somebody get that lady some water...and a psychotherapist.

4 comments:

Herb said...

My first day back to the blogosphere and I have hit my second weird story in a row. But, yes, I will drink your koolaid.

terri said...

Did you just refer to yourself as "The Beej"? Count me in. I'll drink the Koolaid! I'm picturing The Beej kind of like The Fonz. And we, your readers? We're the Richie Cunninghams.

Abby said...

I'm a Beejite and proud! (We should maybe make t-shirts?)

That woman - there's something wrong with her.

Duble said...

not all the kids can be cool kids like the Beejites

Wait, am i one, I need some cool aid.