Sunday, August 16, 2009

I had no idea.

It doesn’t normally occur to me to wonder what my husband is doing when he’s not in my presence, but I was told something shocking today by my children. Dirty Larry actually revealed one the secrets of his daily life to them that even I wasn’t privy to. He told them that sometimes he didn’t go to work. He said that sometimes, he just spends his day training dragonflies to land on tall skinny things like car antennas and gladiolas. He told the kids that if they are adult dragonflies it can take only a day but the newborns require more like a week to learn how to light correctly. When I confronted him about it today, he acknowledged his participation in this activity but corrected me by telling me that it was dragonflies AND butterflies. Then I asked him if he got paid to do this or if he just did it for God for free. He shook his head “no” to say that there was no money involved and then said, “It makes me happy”.

Seriously. No idea.

5 comments:

Abby said...

Training dragonflies and butterflies to land on tall skinny things? OH, surely there's money in that!

Hmmm... now I wonder about my husband. Is he really at work 8-5, M-F???

Herb said...

Ummm...Dragonflies do that naturally...

Beej said...

See Herb? Had you fooled too! Turns out it was Larry all along!

brandy101 said...

Larry = Awesome

Duble said...

of course it takes trying they have like 10,000 eyes. you try landing on something skinny when your looking at 10k times at once.