Friday, August 7, 2009

I think Jesus frowns on this...

What is wrong with this crazy mixed up world? What happened to the days when your Cracker Jacks had popcorn AND peanuts? Not to mention a REAL prize like a spinner made out of actual tin and not just some punch out cardboard rocking clown that you have to assemble. I quit buying Cracker Jacks long ago because the peanuts had all but disappeared. I'm pretty sure that I can say I never DID get anything made out of tin from a box of this snack, even as a child, although legend has it that tin toys did exist. Sailor Jack and his dog, Bingo, have let me down.



So, just for the record, Fiddle Faddle, Crunch N Munch, Poppycock and all their knock off type counterparts are doing no better. Where are the peanuts people? That's the best part! I say if you're going to allow the ratio of popcorn to peanuts to be, say....100:3, then the picture you have as advertisement should reflect that. I think it should be against the law to show all those peanuts as if that's what you were being offered, because it's very disconcerting to open the box in anticipation of a danged peanut and not get one. Or at the very least it should be considered a sin. I'm fairly certain Jesus would NOT be happy.

To add insult to injury, the nutrition information on the side of the box says that one box is 3.5 servings. Who eats half a serving? Who is going to open the box and eat half a serving and then close it back? Plus your half a serving isn't going to have a peanut it in. I can almost guarantee that. One serving is 120 calories. So that whole box of popcorn with approximately 3 peanuts included actually costs you 420 calories. That's nearly the same caloric value as 4 Curly Wurly's!! Have you HAD a Curly Wurly? No? You most definitely should. They don't have any peanuts, but they never CLAIMED to. See?


6 comments:

Abby said...

I've never even heard of Curly Wurly(s). Gosh, this place is so educational.

Duble said...

Aren't curely Wurly's the same as the old marathon bars?

Beej said...

Yes they are! YUM!

Herb said...

"Candy coated popcorn, peanuts and a prize..." Not no more. It's annoying. We are too young to remember the tin prizes. I am, so you have to be. But I can remember little whirlygigs and gew-gaws.

Deirdre said...

I think all of the peanuts are stuffed into those Planter's Mixed Nuts containers that give a big spew about how there are 50% LESS peanuts.

Ripoffs!

brandy101 said...

you are the second person within 3 weeks to post a curly wurly bar on a blog/facebook page that I have seen. How very *on-trend* of you ;)