Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-changes

The Beej suddenly finds herself with lots of time on her hands. How quickly things can change. My normally secure and totally fulfilling (cough...hack) job seems to be not so secure at the moment. Change happens. I'm pretty certain that I still have a job, it's just less of the same job, which means less money and less ability for me to continue unless I supplement my income elsewhere. In my line of work, it should be relatively easy to just go out and find another account to replace what will be missing, but the bottom line truth is that I just don't want to. I'm very tired of this corner where I have been sitting for 11 years, smashed against the closet door, typing away and letting the government take a whopping chunk of my profit because I am self employed. This job served a noble purpose. I have been able to stay home with my kids. I am thankful...and so ready to move on. So, I will search the highways and byways and I will seek the next thing (while holding on to this thing I still have as long as possible). This could be exciting or scary. I'm hoping that exciting wins that contest.

Luckily, I can do anything.

Seriously.

3 comments:

Paul Mitchell said...

Still waiting on the Beej eating a worm video.

Anything? P-shaw!

Abby said...

Oh darn. Well, now you can enjoy some time off!

Eleven years? Really?? Did I ever tell you that I took one of those medical transcription courses? Got all certified and everything? Never did a thing with it, opened a daycare instead. I still like the sound of "debridement" said all french-like though.

brandy101 said...

you CAN do anything!

Let us know how it goes, girl. I'll be hoping the best for you.

:)