Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Oscar Wilde Week #3 - Popularity

"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about." -Oscar Wilde

The phone rang at 7:00 PM. It was Coco. She was making sure that I was watching "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown". She proceeded to tell me that she's been watching this show every fall since she was in diapers. I didn't have the heart to tell her that everybody else in the world had too. Then she told me that I should blog about the phone call, but I reminded her it was Oscar Wilde week. Care to take a guess at her response to that? Let me just quell the anticipation you must be feeling and go ahead and tell you that she said, "Oh yeah, that's why I'm not reading it." If it's not about Coco, Coco isn't interested. So, here's my question. Why should I keep linking to her blog, when she never, no never, updates it? I say it's an exercise in futility. I think a better way to deal with her need for attention is to just out and out talk about her right to her face. In fact, you are all welcome to do that now if you wish. I'll be sure to tell her you did if you do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks beej. i would read on but i've got to go update my blog.