Thursday, November 13, 2008

Blind Beej

Lookie what I made. (I feel the need to insert here that it is a snowflake, just in case you can't figure it out) I know it's a little whopsided, but it's my first attempt. Maybe the next one will be better. Last week, Evie made me want to pick up crocheting again, so I have. My afghan is getting bigger (that's the very BROWN thing under the whopsided snowflake) and I'm trying my hand at some new stuff. I'm just learning as I go. I forget sometimes how VERY therapeutic creating things can be. Bad news is that last night before I went to bed I thought my eyes would never focus again. All that close work is blinding me. I've never had this trouble before and I'm assuming my over 40-ness is now catching up with me. I'm going to the Dollar General and buy some cute $5 granny reading glasses and see if that settles my problem, however, I'm unsure if "cute" and "$5" are actually compatible terms. We shall see. Oh! Haha...we shall SEE...get it?


Yeah, it's been a slow morning and the coffee wasn't all that good because I made it myself. The $4.09 kind at Moka's is much, much better, but I'm feeling awfully indulgent about throwing my hard to come by dollars away on a happiness that only stays with me for about an hour. I go there way too often. It's bad enough that all I have to do is drive up to the window or walk in and if the nice, nice lady sees me ahead of time, she's already fulfilling what she knows will be my order. Yesterday, I drove up to the window and she just handed it out before I could even tell her what I wanted. See now? That is service. BUT...my plan is to figure out the proper coffee making procedure and learn to do it myself. And again, after I get those glasses...we shall see.

6 comments:

Abby said...

Oh yes we SHALL! (see, that is).

Cool snowflake! I've got some of the paper kind hanging in my windows from, like, 2 Christmases ago.

I should take up knitting/crocheting. A little therapy would probably do me good.

Beej said...

Now I will take a picture of the 4 snowflakes that Litkia cut for me out of paper that have been hanging on my cluttered desk for several years and post it on the right hand side where those pelicans are living now.

I know nothing about knitting, but yes, take it up. Or something! I'm serious about it being calming and then when you're done you feel all proud of yourself and make people who read your blog look at what you've done.

brandy101 said...

I tried to learn to knit but my left-handed self kept making the stitches way too uneven (usually too tight)

Someday, when my daughter is older, I hope she and I can take crochet lessons at our local craft store.

You afghan looks so cozy!

and: re comment you left at my place - no way yer hiney is bigger than my semi-truck-of-fat-and-flesh! LOL

Beej said...

Litkia crocheted with me some when she was around 9. It's not hard. She made a coaster for her grandmother. You could go on line and learn and skip paying somebody to teach you!

and: Oh yeah, I bet it is. LOL

Herb said...

I like reading glasses from the Dollar Tree, myself. I also watch the 7-11 for when they can't sell theirs at their ridiculous price and have to get rid of 'em at a decent price.

Anonymous said...

My first pair of readers were from Dollar General. Now I have a couple dozen pair all over the house ... and my friend's house too. Not only can I not see, my memory is going too.

Crocheting is great stuff. I never could crochet anything other than trim for a pillowcase or dish towel. My grandmother used to crochet with regular thread. Amazing! Snowflake looks great!