Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Bringing Shame Upon My Family Unit

I'm afraid I'm becoming "one of them". You know them. They are the Moms who roll out of bed looking like whodathunkit, and go out into the world for everyone to see, still looking like that. The worst of them wear their pajamas into Walgreens in the morning and don't even look ashamed. I'm not that bad....yet, but I'm giving myself a good scare. I've always been the type to get completely dressed with makeup and everything before I present myself to the world, and I have been known to point and laugh at those who don't. I'm a redhead. I have no eyelashes to speak of unless I paint them on. I look sickly and faceless without makeup. I never want to scare the general public, but lately (and by lately I mean since the middle of September) I've decided that all I need is a little mascara and a little shine on my lips and I'm outta there! It's the gym's fault. I think it's totally unnecessary to get completely dressed just to sweat it all off and then go home, shower and get dressed all over again. What a waste of time and effort (and water and makeup). In my defense, I go to the gym at 7:30 and there are usually exactly two people in there. One of them is a close friend and the other is a total stranger. I know I look bad because the mirrors on every wall in there tell me so. I just find that I'm having trouble caring anymore. Once in the past 8 weeks I even picked up Pateriko from school in the afternoon in THE SAME CLOTHES I WORKED OUT IN. Don't anybody have an intervention for me. The first step is admitting you have a problem and I'm already there. Give me some time. I'll work it out.

7 comments:

Abby said...

I remember my dad having this thing about my mom NEVER going out of the house with curlers in her hair. She never did. That's my only rule too. (Does anyone use curlers anymore?)

I don't really trust those Barbie moms anyway.

Junebug said...

i wear my jammies to carpool all the time. morning carpool, that is. but i've only worn them INSIDE the school once, i think. i wear them to friends houses all the time. i have to be careful, tho, because of the nature of the town in which i live.

and just fyi, it is nearly 11am and i am still in my jammies and glasses. hopefully, by carpool time, i will put in the contacts. we'll see.

Duble said...

Women without make up are far more saucy than women with tons. I hate when you have make up on that looks like you have make upon. That is just silly to me.

May as well go all out and do a tammy fae.

Also, working out gets you into shape, people in shape are hot. hot people are hot in anything. So i say parade your newly liberated hotness reign free and why bother even getting out of a robe since you work from home.

Beej said...

Gosh Jerry. I always did love you best. :-D

Beej said...

Junebug your kids are going to school today? For real?

brandy101 said...

Well, now, it depends how sweaty of a workout it was -if it was yoga or pilates or even light walking or weight training, then no big whoop. If, however, you were completely drenched and stanky...then lady, we have a problem! ;)

Just kidding.

I also, at the LEAST, slap on some lipstick/gloss and non-elastic-waist pants before leaving the homestead and being seen in public. :)

Junebug said...

yep. they went to school.