Sunday, November 16, 2008

Just some stuff...


  • Remember when I told you that I was allergic to my Victoria's Secret Underwear? Turns out I'm not the only one. Read about it here. I'm unsure what to do about it. My guess is that I'll do absolutely nothing besides never buy from them again.

  • I spent a large portion of my evening burning various fabrics in the backyard. It's science fair project time you know. Sadly, I now smell sort of like burned silk, which by the way is a foul, unhappy smell. Cotton on the other hand...I could do that all night. Did I mention that Beej was a pyro? 'Cause I meant to.

  • My throat hurts.

  • I have officially lost 21 pounds now. I'd like to thank Abby, Deirdre and Olliedog for the way they inspired me to move. I will only thank Dirty Larry for liking me no matter what I look like as he doesn't seem to care to a bit.

  • This is an especially hard week for the Beej. It's a week for reflecting and remembering and wishing. I choose not to be in a funk, but it is a choice that will require some serious personal pushing to accomplish.

  • Did I mention my throat hurts?

8 comments:

Paul Mitchell said...

Tequila shots make your throat stop hurting. Trust me, try six or seven and that throatache is gone.

'Grats on the weight loss, I have dropped 30 since May. When you stop eating, chain smoke and ingest nothing but coffee while still walking about 2 or 3 miles a day, those lbs just fall right off.

Victoria's Secret is that she likes dressing like a street walker.

brandy101 said...

I cant believe that about the formaldehyde in the underwear. I bet the fabric came from China, along with every other tainted consumer product in the news.

I hope you feel better soon.

21 lbs!?! You go, girl!!!

Duble said...

You lost 21 LBS. THAT IS FREAKIN AWESOME.

burning cloth doesn't make you a pyro. Your not a pryo until you've built a good old fashion pipe bomb. Which I am hoping is much harder to do these days.

know what I've always thought helps a sore throat. It is a little Whine or was that wine. I don't but try both.

Paul Mitchell said...

Victoria's Secret, in da news.

Beej said...

All of the news I've read about it involves the bras which was not the underwear in question in my case, but I still say there's something to it. Seriously.

Happily my throat is no longer hurting. I think it was the smoke from the burning silk that irritated it.

Thank you all for your kudos. I'm very pleased with myself and still have a little way to go, but I'm getting there. Slowly but surely.

Abby said...

Sorry your throat hurts. It's probably from burning all that expensive toxin-laced underwear that you bought to wear on your newly svelte body.

Anonymous said...

Hope you're throat feels better soon.

Congrats on your weight loss. Deirdre was a great inspiration to me too when I was going through it. Having cheerleaders is definitely a plus!

Deirdre said...

Aww. *hugs*

Congratulations. :D