Thursday, January 8, 2009

Morning Conversation with Litkia

*we get in the car*

Litkia - I'm freezing mama.

Beej - Where's your sweater?

Litkia - It's right here tied around my waist. *points to sweater tied around her waist*

Beej - Well put it on you goofy girl. Sweaters are for keeping a person warm.

Litkia - No...JACKETS are for keeping you warm. Sweaters have holes all in them and are just for making you look pretty.

Beej - I had no idea.

I can't believe I got all the way to 42 years old and didn't know that.

9 comments:

Paul Mitchell said...

Mrs. Science Teacher, you missed an opportunity to teach her about the insulating qualities of layering.

Beej said...

Oh man...I was so busy learning something new I forgot.

Adam said...

Well, they ARE teaching different things in school now. Just yesterday my sister told me high school girls dress in paper-thin clothes and wander out in these temperatures on purpose. Wow.

Duble said...

You're in freaking alabama. Neither sweaters or jackets are made for keeping people warm. That is what coats and parkas are for.

What kinda southern sissies are you people?

Duble said...

that sounded a lot meanier than i was shooting for.

However, my point is the other day I was walking on a beaver pond with my dog.

As far as i know only jesus and people where it is cold can do this.

terri said...

That is one very wise girl. I agree wholeheartedly. My sweaters don't even keep me warm when I'm inside. Of course, I am living in the depths of the frozen tundra. Is it June yet?

Paul Mitchell said...

It's been a weird day for me, just now going to bed and this was in my e-mail this morning before I could turn in.

I think that it was for you.

Abby said...

And all this time I thought sleeves were for the arms.

Deirdre said...

Hehe, cute!