Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Toothpaste and missing children

So last night before I went to bed, I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth. I reached down for the toothpaste, but what I picked up was not MY toothpaste, but a strange new toothpaste called Crest Plus Scope. Obviously, someone had not consulted me when they bought new toothpaste. I put it down and looked in the basket again for my Arm and Hammer Fresh Mint but pulled out Dirty Larry's preferred brand, Crest Cinnamon Rush. Once, when my sister was here, she borrowed that toothpaste and came out of the bathroom saying that she felt like she had just brushed her teeth with Big Red gum. Anyway, that tube was smashed flat, which explained the existence of the new toothpaste. After one more fishing expedition I found my tube, but that Crest Plus Scope kept looking at me. I was curious, so I used it. It tasted just like Scope for real.

Yesterday on the radio, John Tesh was talking about toothpaste and he said that using a product that claimed to whiten was a waste of money because it didn't make a hill of beans difference in the color of your teeth, but I say nay. I like using the whitening toothpastes. Who is John Tesh anyhow? He's just a guy who can't make up his mind what he wants to do with his life so he does some TV here and a piano playing CD there and radio show on the side...I only accidentally heard it anyway so I'm pretty sure it doesn't count. Plus he's not really one of the cool kids so I can just dismiss that. (And look! There's the new CHI hairdryer that Dirty Larry got me for Christmas. It's way cool.)

But, do you know who else isn't cool? Doug and Valerie Herrman. WHAT in the WORLD?

3 comments:

Abby said...

I use Colgate tartar control plus WHITENING. Take that, John Tesh!

I saw that story about the Herrman's yesterday. I'm really curious as to where that kid is.

brandy101 said...

so that CHI dryer works well? Can you give a more detailed review sometime? I need anew hairdryer soon!

Deirdre said...

Both my dentist and orthodontist recommends not using whitening toothpaste. They tend to make insensitive teeth, sensitive. I found this out the hard way.

It's difficult to find a toothpaste without whitening but it *is* possible. So, I try to do that and use Crest White Strips for my teeth to whiten them. Again, both dentist and orthodontist recommended I do that instead if I really want my teeth whiter. They work wonderfully!

Not saying you should change your regimen at all but I just thought I'd take this opportunity to let you know if your teeth start becoming overly sensitive, it might be the toothpaste. :D

*cheese*