Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year but pretty much the same attitude

I told a friend the other day that I wasn't making any resolutions for the new year. I think my exact words were "I'm not making any resolutions. The health issues have already been tackled and I refuse to be a better person, so, I think that covers it." Since that time, I've had a change of heart. There ARE some things I want to address.

Let's go back to that health issue thing. I don't just resolve to lose 10 more pounds, I VOW to lose 10 more pounds. I've done well so far and the holidays may have stumped me momentarily, but these 10 will come off. I'm so happy with my new found devotion to the gym and I'm so thankful to my friend Angie for being just as devoted as I am. Without her, I think it would be tons harder to motivate myself. This would be Beej tooting her own horn, but my dear Beejites, do you realize that barring Sundays I haven't missed one day at the gym for months unless I was out of the state or taking my mama to the doctor? Well, there was that 1/1/09 mishap, but we aren't counting that one, okay? This is unheard of from the likes of me and I'm very pleased. I'm also very pleased with the results, one of which is that I retired yet another pair of dress pants this morning because they were just too big to wear.

I would also like to address the facebook dilemma. I have come to love facebook for two reasons. First and foremost, I have made contact with many people from my past that make me smile from ear to ear and I wouldn't give anything for this gift to once again be in touch with them. Amongst many others, there is my high school youth pastor and his wife whom I adore with all my heart. I owe these people so much and I'm thrilled to be involved with them again. The second reason is the games. I know. It's silly. But I really love playing Scrabble and Word Twist. But, I mentioned a dilemma right? Bottom line is that I'm losing at Scrabble to Dirty Larry more than I'm winning and Abby, Brandy and Jerry are kicking my butt at Word Twist. Abby seems to be dominant, but they've all had a turn at humiliating me. I think I'll resolve to try harder...to be smarter...to become more brilliant (as if that was even possible). How does one go about doing that? Study the dictionary? Okay then, I'll study the dictionary. If it doesn't work, I'll just pretend that I'm letting them win to increase their self esteem because I'm sweet like that. I can always say my resolution was to try harder to make others happy.

And lastly (and pretty much leastly) I hope to be more persistent in the skin care area. A person who frequents the tanning bed should be more anxious to moisturize. This, however, doesn't seem to fit into my agenda. I'm afraid that I've reached the age where I MUST do this if I don't want to flake off in tiny pieces as I walk around or look like a leather handbag in a couple of years. I truly don't wish for either of these things. I have become a Chanel girl this past year but I don't think they can really offer me anything better than good old Jergens can. You think? My mama's Jergens always smelled like almonds. Do they still make that one? If so, that's the one that will push me to victory in this department. And again, should I fail, I will lean upon the words that I heard tonight at the "Expresso ladies meeting". True beauty is found within. Oh heck, that means I'll have to do that be a better person thing. Crap. I'm not sure I can win this one.

6 comments:

Paul Mitchell said...

You chicks and that weight. Crimminy.

Do you understand that 10 pounds of weight at 200 pounds is five percent of your total body weight? This is a huge loss of weight for a 200 pound man. It is not about the poundage, it is about the physique, quit being silly.

Or, if the weight IS actually what you want to lose, DONATE A KIDNEY!

Thanks, if you need any more rock-solid solutions for any of your other problems, you certainly know where to find me.

Beej said...

I suppose the amount of weight I want to lose is just a prediction of what I'd need to lose to be the size I'd like to be. I won't be giving up a kidney, but I'll be more than happy to give up some fat.

And about my other problems...I'll be in touch.

Paul Mitchell said...

Quit being mean. Quit it.

And you aren't going to listen to me anyway. Silly woman.

Abby said...

I definitely see more of your clothing becoming retired, you gym rat you!

And don't forget sunscreen - particularly the face. So I've heard anyway, just thinking and stuff, well I'm stocking up...

As for facebook gaming, I feel you breathing down my neck every time we play!

brandy101 said...

As far as facebook games, I am back to my old addiction: Scrabulous, in its newer, better-than-goofy-wordscraper-form, LEXULOUS!

Challenge me sometime!

I am not worrying about workouts and weight/size until after the surgery. I am trying to eat healthfully. Thats the best I can do for now.

Duble said...

I think it is funny you lose even a round to someone whose spelling skills are so obviously miserable.

hehe