Friday, February 6, 2009

Fantabulous Friday

OH! Beejites! What a glorious Friday has begun for me this day. When the alarm went off, it didn't feel TOO difficult to rise from bed and the sun was already peeking through my window. I like that so much better than waking up in the dark. If I have to get up while the moon still shines, I feel robbed of part of my night.

Anyway, I went to wake up Litkia and for some reason, there wasn't the normal wrestling match with me trying to convince her that living and breathing is a good thing and that she should get up and eat breakfast. She, like me, seemed to not mind so much this morning.

I stopped by the computer as usual to check the morning e-mail and saw an article that added excitement to my already satisfying morning. Jon Freakin' Bon Jovi is going to be at Jazz Fast in New Orleans in May. Oh. My. Goodness.

Now, you may think that all this happiness is quite enough for a girl, but I'm here to tell you that there is more. MORE I SAY. I walked into the kitchen and flipped on the light and what met me there was brilliant. My first reaction was confusion. Things didn't look right to me. Something was wrong. This kitchen was clean! I mean REALLY clean. Everything was shiny and even the FLOOR HAD BEEN MOPPED. It was like a band of angels came down and swooped through there shining up the place with their heavenly cleaning products. I was stunned. Who could have done this?

Turns out it was Pateriko. PATERIKO people! My 14 year old son who has a hard time doing ANYTHING worthwhile had stayed in the kitchen last night and made it fabulous. I was overjoyed. He told me Happy Valentine's Day. I hugged him and thanked him and told him it made me exceedingly happy. It also took all my might not to say that it wasn't Valentine's Day yet and ask him to do it all again NEXT weekend. I think it would have spoiled the moment. While Pateriko was in earshot, I did, however, tell Dirty Larry that now that I knew he was capable of doing that, he'd be doing it more often. I couldn't help it. My poor kids.

6 comments:

Junebug said...

I'm gonna need to talk to you about that Bon Jovi thing.

Also, I am THRILLED you are having a happy day!!

brandy101 said...

WOW - what a nice boy. Make sure to get him some sort of nice cupcakes or candies for Cupid day, huh?

GeekieChick said...

Wow... You ARE having a good day! I think I'd faint dead away if someone came in and cleaned up my kitchen!

:D

You have a wonderful weekend!

Herb said...

Sounds like someone's medicine is out of whack again. JK! JK! Yes, it is nice when the unexpected child does something extraordinary. I disagree about the sun, though. If the sun is already up when I get up the day is half wasted already. I love watching it rise and making sure it gets up like its supposed to.

Anonymous said...

"One of these days, I gotta have a looong talk with that boy..."

Abby said...

If I got up and the sun was already up, I'd be in a panic. If someone besides me cleaned the kitchen, I'd be in ICU.