Monday, February 9, 2009

That ticks her off...

I went to eat with my friend tonight. We sat on the patio of one of the city's 45 Starbucks establishments after dinner and drank coffee and talked.

Friend: You know what ticks me off?

Beej: No friend. Pray tell, what ticks you off?

Friend: Gas prices are going up again.

Beej: Oh, yeah. That's bad.

*silence*

Beej: What else ticks you off? *takes a pen and dinner receipt from her purse so she can take notes*

Friend: That old woman and man in that car that almost ran over me in the Sears parking lot.

Beej: Oh my.

Friend: Old bat.

Beej: Oh my.

Friend: Our waitress tonight.

Beej: Yeah, she kinda sucked.

Friend: People who come in the one way places in a parking lot, going the wrong way to avoid a light. *points across the patio to the car turning into the parking lot, going the wrong way to avoid a light*

Beej:
*turns to look* What else friend?

Friend: People who teach my kids vulgar things.

*her kid sorta got in trouble today*

Beej: It's gonna be okay.

Friend: Having to pay the dentist to clean my teeth when really I should be able to do that myself.

*more silence*

Beej: Is that all?

Friend: You know Jacob's mama?

Beej: Yeah.

Friend: Have you seen her hair? She suddenly looks like Rapunzel. She paid $600 for a freakin' weave. It took 12 hours for her to get extensions.

Beej: Are you kidding? Do you KNOW what I could do with $600 and 12 hours?

*more silence*

Friend: Yeah, she ticks me off.

6 comments:

Herb said...

I'm annoyed, too. But my original annoyance wasn't like this. What could you do with $600 and 12 hours? Wow! What a question.

Abby said...

Dude! That's what friends are for.

And why do we pay the dentist to clean our teeth?

Duble said...

600 hundred and 12 hours?

is this 600 and 12 hours at home, in vegas, in amsterdam.

However given my situation, I would likely buy a car seat/stroller travel system.

GeekieChick said...

You guys crack me up...!!

;D

Hmm... Let's see. What aggravates me is when you have to go to the emergency room and 12 different doctors come in before you are admitted just so they can charge you megabucks just for showing their faces in your room!

Gah...

brandy101 said...

I think I agree with every one of your friend*s beefs - except about the waitress *cause she never waited on me so, I cannot judge ;)

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the annoyances.

Did you see what Herb did with that 600 bucks and 12 hours? I was amazed.

If I had 600 bucks and 12 hours I would probably end up losing it, because there are so many things I could do with it, it would be really hard to choose, but I don't think a hair weave would be anywhere on the list, though. LOL